Wednesday, November 1, 2023

In Other News

There has been a LOT going on here lately.  On top of school, family reunions, birthdays, trips, more school stuff, holiday festivities, etc., I’ve been sick for over a month.  I probably mentioned it before (I’m too lazy to go back and look haha), but I’ve dealt with two viruses that were floating around the area, and then if that wasn’t enough, I got sick with a 3rd.  Ugh!! Because of all this, I didn’t post birthday shoutouts to my family, and I rarely posted pictures of the happenings going on. So, I’ll do my best to update you all now!


Guys, I have an adult child that is no longer in the teenage years!!  WHAT?!  Maybe a small part of the reason I didn’t post this before was also because I’m slightly in denial. Ok, that’s probably a BIG part of it. Who said she could grow up?! Happy (belated) Birthday to my sweet Terra


Then, 2 days later, my amazing hubby celebrated his bday! It was bittersweet though because, he's currently working on site away from home.  Far enough away that he can't get home very often. Boo :( The silver lining to this is, Terra is his coworker now!  So he's not completely alone out there.  He's also been helping my mom with finishing work on her house, since he's closer in proximity to her than me. He's the best, you guys!


My birthday flew by in the midst of those darn viruses, but everyone spoiled me, so it was a pretty good day. Those illnesses were kind of a cascade effect on the rest of the house though - once one goes, everyone joins in!  Blah! Running on empty doesn't work very well, in case you were wondering. I then came down with that dreaded virus everyone is still talking about. That part is finally over, but I still have the fatigue and brain fog going on.  Hopefully that works its way out the door VERY soon. 


Halloween is normally a huge festivity around here, but with all ^^ that, it wasn't as big of a deal this year. But, we still did a few fun things anyway. My kids were sad they didn't get to carve pumpkins though (that's one we missed :/). 


We celebrated Celste's bday today - 15 years have flown by!  Goodness, these kids are growing up fast!


The biggest news we get to prepare for is....WE'RE GOING TO AUSTRALIA IN 7 WEEKS!  Oh gosh, I'm so excited for this! I CANNOT wait! Stay tuned for those travel logs, folks, it's gonna be amazing!  Plus, we have the BEST tour guide ever (Aussie Sisters rock, you guys)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you will be good as new shortly. Australia sounds amazing. That is where Bill has always wanted to go. Boy the kids sure are growing up. Miss all of you in our little Eaton ward. ❤️Annette Bibbey

    ReplyDelete