Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recreational Drugs

I have NO understanding of why people do these! The ER gave me a prescription for Vicodin the last time I was in there. It was only 6 pills, but I had heard once that Vicodin is stronger than Percocet, and that throws me for a loop! I end up cutting them in half and only taking half a pill. I just automatically did the same thing for the Vicodin and it's a good thing I did. I get dizzy and walk around like a drunken person for about an hour, and then the room still spins for another hour. But the plus side of all of this - I feel no pain for about 3 hours! Oh how lovely! I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to be pain free! I'm down to two half pills and there are no refills. I'm beginning to wonder what I'll do when this runs out. But this brings me to my first statement of the post. I really have NO idea just why people do this for fun. I hate the feeling of helplessness that happens about 20 minutes after taking the pill. It's almost debilitating! Why would someone do this for no apparent reason other than to "look cool" to his/her peers?! I just don't get it. Another thing I don't get...when they gave me Morphine while I was in the ER in the past, my muscles would cease up, spaz out and my jaw would lock up for a few minutes. My oxygen levels would dip a little bit too. Again, why anyone would do this without due cause/reason, I haven't the foggiest idea!

Things are just plugging right along around here, and we have some semblance of normalcy most days (other than the drugs, of course). I've very much loved having my mom back here with me. I'll miss her very much when she leaves again, but I can't hog her all the time, I suppose! There is really no news to update on - since I'm still pretty much down most of the time (laying down, that is...I try not to be depressed-down much). One of my friends came up one afternoon last week and it was so nice to see her, but I felt bad because I hadn't planned anything for us to do, so we just kinda sat around stared at the kids playing...sorry Seandra! Maybe I won't be such a party animal next time!

We did find out Tyler's schedule for school this next year and they've, once again, place him with the older crew of kids (not that he'll be much out of place - he's bigger than most of them anyway). They've invited him to go 4 days a week instead of the normal 2 for his age group. We've agreed and feel that he'll grow so much more in doing things this way. The other day, though, this brought me to the realization that it'll just be me and Celeste at home in the afternoons most of the week! I'm not sure I'll know how to cope with that! I'm used to the noise and kids running around everywhere! It will definitely be a change, and probably a good one this year. Blessings come in all ways, shapes and forms. Sorry this is mostly just a rambling post. I didn't want you all to think I'd fallen off the face of the earth, but there's really not too much happening around here other than the same-old-stuff! I hope things are well with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment