Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hold Your Loved Ones

Today we learned another lesson of just how fragile life really is.  I received some news about a favorite person in Chris's life, a previous bishop who is in the Stake President position.  There was an accident and work and this dear sweet man, Mitch Shaw, was killed.  He was young, in his 40's.  Chris's family is having a hard time and I just had to call Chris and tell him so he didn't find out some other way.  I'd rather he heard it from someone he cares about.  Life is short.  Give your loved ones an extra hug, text, email, phone call, etc today and forever.  Hold them close in your heart.  I'm so grateful of the knowledge I have of eternal families and that this man, a virtuous and spiritual leader and a caring and compassionate man, husband and father, lived his life in such a way that he will be with his family again.  I KNOW this to be true.  I testify of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment