Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello?

I have to say it's unnerving to be "alone" with 5 kids, especially at night.  I hear things and when I softly call out, no one answers.  What's even more unnerving is when you don't expect anyone to answer back and they do!  Makes me jump every time! LOL It's the kids that answer, I've never had some strange voice answer me before (and praying that won't ever happen!).

Chris made it home last night and it was SO nice having him next to me in bed again.  I sleep easier most of the time.  Last night, however, I had a dream that was rather unsettling.  I'm sure it's just the stress I'm under from all the news we've received this week.  Either way, it was a rather fitful sleep that I had.  I woke up and heard something, so I called out and no one answered.  I just rolled over but couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched still.  I got up and patted down the hallway and looked around the house....nothing.  So I went back to bed.  I still heard noises when I got in bed so I sat up and saw a mouse dart across the floor.  That would explain the noises I heard, but the feeling was still there.  After a quick prayer, I was able to fall back asleep for about an hour and then the kids started to get up for the day.

Parting thought - have you ever wished you had a handy man available, with endless resources/money, 24/7?!  Yeah, me too.  Especially after this last couple of months.  Whenever I need one, mine is off in another state working.  Harumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment