Saturday, June 19, 2010

Marathons

Today, Chris took the kids fishing at a pond down the road. Celeste found his cell phone, so mom and I took it to him. He informed us that it was supposed to be charging. Oops! We drove home, and along the way saw a garage sale that had a mattress in it. We'd been looking for one of those, so we drove home, parked the car and walked down to the house (it was a block away). We asked how much it was....she just gave it to us for free! Can't beat that price! We said we'd be back to get it, and walked home, got the car and mom and the lady loaded it up. We got it home, and then had Chris bring it inside when he got home. So, I had only walked a block and back, but I felt like I'd run a marathon! I was exhausted, beat, emotional, you name it, I felt it! But my day wasn't over yet.

We had a birthday party to go to at the city pool this evening...and being the ever-so-brain-dead mom that I am right now, I forgot to buy a gift! Oops, again! Mom and I took Terra and James to the store and browsed around, found something, and headed back out to the car. Mom needed to go to Radio Shack, so I dropped her off at the door and sat in the car and wrapped the gift (stuffed it in a gift bag with colorful tissue paper and called it good)! We got home and everyone got into their swimsuits and off we went again. The kids had fun...all except Celeste. She got sunscreen in her eyes, so she cried for the majority of the party. :o( She finally stopped for the last 10 minutes or so, and found another baby to run around with. That was funny to watch...this little girl with swollen, red, puffy eyes laughing up a storm while running around. LOL Poor thing, I felt so bad for her!

We got home and immediately threw the kids in the tub and sent them to bed. I went downstairs and showered and am sitting here crying now (LOL, don't laugh, this is totally serious, people!) because I'm weak (in my mind). I couldn't even walk a block today. I thought I was tired after that...right now, there are no words to describe what I feel. I think that no sleeping aid will be required tonight! So, how was your day?!

1 comment:

  1. I ran a marathon yesterday too, although mine was a different kind. I played chauffeur for the guys too and from work, I supervised playing in the sprinkler, I made a shopping list and went shopping for it all, put away all the groceries and then put my boys to bed (they both needed it desperately!) and THEN I cleaned my kitchen, but only got halfway done before I had to call it quits. I was SOOOOOO tired, emotional, etc, etc! Then today I got up and made a special breakfast for Jeff, washed my hair and combed through all the tangles, went and made copies of the ward bulletin/program, then could only sit through half of sacrament meeting because my asthma is back with a vengeance. I feel awful for bailing on the nursery leader. I was supposed to watch the kiddos for her so she could go to a family history class. And I feel awful for not having Joshua go to nursery...he needs that social interaction time. and I feel extremely exhausted and awful because I was planning to finish cleaning up the kitchen and part of the living room today. Not going to happen, so I'm sitting here crying...haha.

    ReplyDelete