Thursday, March 12, 2009

Boyfriends and Girlfriends....

When I went to pick Terra up from school today, she had been sitting in time-out (for being mean to some of the other kids there), so I was rather upset with her and forgot to even ask how the rest of preschool went for her. So, after dinner, we were eating ice cream and she had a big grin on her face, so I asked her what she was smiling about. (I'm only using initials since I haven't asked permission from his mom to post his name on here).

"W said I'm his girlfriend!"

*gasp* "You're his girlfriend?!"

"Yup, cuz he said so!"

"Boys have cooties, did you know that?!"

"W doesn't have cooties, only other boys."

Oh boy....we're in trouble now! The cootie tactic doesn't work....now what do I do?! So I called in Chris (I'm getting a total kick out of this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing....) so she could tell him this too. So she does and he says, is he your boyfriend? And she says yes, and he asks if another girl is her friend and she says yes, so he says, so you have boy friends and girl friends (with a big smile on his face...he's so proud when he can confuse the kids in this way...it gets them thinking and, in my opinion, makes them WAY too smart for their own good....so THIS is where they get their thinking skills!!!!!).

So, yes, my daughter has a boyfriend at school. Wonder how long they will be "in love", as she puts it. LOL kids are way too cute!

(oh, and after they ate their ice cream, they started in on their brownies that are a few days old and Terra freaks out saying there's some thing WRONG with her brownie.....it's too dry and that means it's hard so she can't eat it!!! the world is ENDING, I'm SO sure!)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Oh, that made my morning! What a cutie! I wonder if we could get her to have a "long distance" relationship out here...that way mommy and daddy don't have to "worry" about her too much...lol.

    ReplyDelete