Friday, January 23, 2009

Discoveries...

I have discovered that when I drink milk (just regular ol' milk), Celeste throws up more. Now mind you, I'm not a huge milk drinker, but still, it was a sad discovery because I love making fresh (well, frozen) fruit shakes in the morning for breakfast, using milk. So, we had to break down and buy rice milk (since I'm not much of a soy fan, either). But, this little act made me feel special, because now I have something that is completely MINE and I don't have to SHARE!!! This is probably going to cause problems with teaching the kids to share, however, since mommy isn't sharing something of HER'S! This was discovery #1.

Discovery #2.....my kids LOVE yogurt. We bought 2 boxes of yogurt (about 24-ish containers of yogurt) and a box of go-gurt as well. Well, now there is ONE go-gurt left and about half of MY yogurt is gone too. These kids don't even ask......they just go to the fridge and grab whatever looks prettiest to them (which is usually french vanilla because it has a "pretty flower" on the front of it), and then grab a spoon and sit down, with a blanket over their head and back on the couch (trying to be sneaky), and eat it....usually making a mess all over the couch because they try to throw spoons full of yogurt at each other. Grrr!

Discovery #3....this might be a bit late in life, but I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life. I know, I know....midlife crisis of some sort, but seriously! I'm not sure if I want to just sit here and only be a mom! I keep thinking that there's something else I should be doing. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is fun and all and it's what I always wanted to do....be a stay at home mom (a.k.a. Domestic Goddess), just feel like there's something else. Food for thought for me, I guess.

Discovery #4....Tyler LOVES rubbing his head. I think he just likes the feel of hands/fingers going through his hair. Weird child! He gets this from me :o) I love my hair being stroked, so when my hair is straightened for a day or two, Chris and I will sit and watch a movie and he'll run his fingers through my hair....LOVE it...my mom did the same thing sometimes when I was growing up!

Discovery #5....Tyler loves to help me "chasten" his siblings. If I get upset, he'll start wagging his finger and saying "no, no, no, no" to them.....all the while, chasing them down - since he's usually in a completely different part of the house than they are.

Discovery #6....Last night, while talking to Chris, I discovered that the Church has an Elk farm in Wyoming! I had NO clue and this is REALLY sad because I spent all my childhood years in that state! Talk about living in my own little world! LOL

Discovery #7....This one technically isn't really a discovery, I just wanted to say it! I read a couple of blogs that make me hang on to my husband and children just a little bit tighter and make me appreciate life just a little bit more than I have before. As much as I complain about Chris being gone on business trips, I'm EXTREMELY grateful to still have him around to hold on to when I need a shoulder to lean on. And as much as my kids drive me nuts some days (I'm glad that you're all getting a kick out of their daily excursions of driving me insane), I'm so VERY glad that I still have them to rock to sleep at night! So....when you read this, give your spouse/kids/parents/loved ones in general a big hug and tell them you love them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment